Tuesday, July 24, 2012

changing directions

I'm letting go. Changing directions. Starting over at 52 doesn't have to be so bad. Hey, I started over at 48 - and I did quite well. Amazing, come to think of it. So let's do it again.

I guess the biggest challenge is starting something new, realizing that failure is an option, a gruesome thought this late in the game.The longer I live the more I come to understand that if I hold onto my fear, my warped assumptions, my 'what ifs', there's a good chance I'll be sitting in this very seat, ten years - twenty years - from now. Don't get me wrong - I like this spot. But I want more spots. More spots with a view. More successes to delete from my bucket list.

I will begin with education - isn't that ironic - the More You Know. Thanks, NBC. Then a plan. Then an execution. Throw in some patience and Voila! No more vanilla, regular, or standard for me! I'll be a over-flowing BIG GULP, a Venti with mile-high whipped topping, and a neon 'mind-blowing' Green.

Have you changed directions? What propelled you?

No comments:

Post a Comment